Tuesday, November 23, 2021

Dear Santa...

 

Here’s the list I’m sending to Santa this year for things (well, books) I wouldn’t mind finding under my Christmas tree.  If anyone reading this would like to share their list in the comments, I’ll pass it along to St. Nick as well. 

Books: 

Joe Posnanski, The Baseball 100  (Baseball) 

Louis Menand, The Free World: Art & Thought in the Cold War (History) 

Joel Selvin, Hollywood Eden (Music) 

Ronald Brownstein, Rock Me on the Water: 1974-The Year Los Angeles Transformed Movies, Music, Television, and Politics (Music/Movies) 

Ted Gioia, Music: A Subversive History (Music) 

Thomas Wolf, The Called Shot: Babe Ruth, the Chicago Cubs, and the Unforgettable Major League Baseball Season of 1932 (Baseball) 

Luke Epplin, Our Team: The Epic Story of Four Men and the World Series That Changed Baseball (Baseball) 

Aaron Leonard, The Folk Singers and the Bureau: The FBI, the Folk Artists and the Suppression of the Communist Party, USA-1939-1956 (Music) 

Ryan H. Walsh, Astral Weeks: A Secret History of 1968 (Music) 

Jack Hamilton, Just Around Midnight: Rock and Roll and the Racial Imagination (Music) 

Robert Forster, Grant & I (Music) 

Joseph McBride, Two Cheers for Hollywood (Movies) 

Stephen Petrus, Folk City: New York and the American Folk Revival (Music) 

Mark Kurlansky, 1968: The Year That Rocked the World (History) 

David Bordwell, Reinventing Hollywood: How 1940s Filmmakers Changed Movie Storytelling 

Seth Rosenfeld, Subversives: The FBI's War on Radicals, and Reagan's Rise to Power (History) 

Fred Turner, The Democratic Surround (History) 

Colin Westerbeck, Vivian Meier: The Color Work (Photography)

No comments:

Post a Comment