Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Playlist: January 13, 2013

After a holiday hiatus of several weeks, Dr. John's Record Shelf was back on the air last night.  Here's the playlist. At the suggestion of my sister Liz (thanks Liz!), I've made several of the titles hot links to YouTube versions of the song, so you can hear some of what we played (unfortunately, this might mean also having to sit through some ads. Sorry about that).  I hope you enjoy at least some of them.

Keep Believing, Bob Mould
Reggie Song, Public Image Ltd.
Semi-Pseudo-Sort-Of Plan, Mission of Burma

The National Health, Maximo Park
Young Hearts Spark Fire, Japandroids
So Hard to See, Violens

Reconsider Me, Margaret Lewis
Shake Your Hips, Lou Ann Barton
Radio, Yukon Blonde

Mr. Jones, Psychedelic Furs
Hard Makin' Money, The Joys
Hold On, Hold On, Neko Case
I Can't Control Myself, Troggs

Rue de Lis, Essex Green
Come On In, Even Dozen Jug Band
Stay Up Late, Talking Heads
Living in the Past, Jethro Tull 

Faithful Brother (Scourge of the Land), Mendoza Line
Let Your Light In, Babe, Robert Forster
Tramp, Carla & Otis
Northern Soul, Darker My Love

I Will Arrive, Melissa Ferrick
Words, Monkees
Like I Needed, Rogue Wave
Starry Eyes, Roky Erickson & Blieb Alien

So Long, Ruth Brown 1

No comments:

Post a Comment