Wednesday, October 30, 2013

An Experiment

For quite awhile I've been trying to figure out how to make my radio show accessible via the web, and I've finally gotten around to investigating these newfangled podcasts (yes I know they really aren't new, but I feel the need to establish my fogey credentials to justify why it's taken me so long to try this).  Anyway, I've set up what should be an appropriate account with the necessary service and posted my first podcast at this link. It's an old program, actually an edition of the Idiosyncratic History of Rock and Roll, as opposed to Dr. John's Record Shelf (only because I had a copy of it handy in mp3 format).  If this works, you can probably start looking for new programs appearing after next Sunday, with occasional older shows mixed in as well.  I hope you like the program!

Update: the link seems to work just fine, and the sound quality is pretty good.  You may need to establish an account with Podomatic (the service where the podcast is housed) in order to play the program, but it is a quick and easy process.  I have no idea why I waited so long to do this.

1 comment: