Monday, December 2, 2013

Playlist & Podcast 131201

This week was the annual Guilty Pleasures Show on Dr. John's Record Shelf, which always comes on the Sunday after Thanksgiving.  For more explanation, you can listen to the podcast of the episode here.  Below is a list of the songs played.

Also Sprach Zarathustra (2001), Deodato
I Wonder What She's Doing Tonight, Tommy Boyce & Bobby Hart
An Old Fashioned Love Song, Three Dog Night
Things I Should Have Said, Grass Roots

Dominique, The Singing Nun
Baby Now That I've Found You, Foundations
Diane, The Bachelors
Little Woman, Bobby Sherman

Winchester Cathedral, New Vaudeville Band
The More I See You, Chris Montez
My Cup Runneth Over, Ed Ames
Tiny Bubbles, Don Ho

Joy, Apollo 100
Stormy, Classics IV
You Don't Have to Be a Baby to Cry, Caravelles
Fool on the Hill, Sergio Mendes & Brasil '66

Do You Know the Way to San Jose, Dionne Warwick
I Just Can't Help Believing, B.J. Thomas
Jean, Oliver
If Not For You, Olivia Newton John

Operator, Jim Croce
Bang Bang, Cher
A Simple Man, Lobo
Snoopy vs the Red Baron , Royal Guardsmen

Don't Just Stand There, Patty Duke
Sweet Pea, Tommy Roe
Midnight Mary, Joey Powers
More Than I Can Say, Bobby Vee

A Fifth of Beethoven, Walter Murphy & the Big Apple Band
Snowbird, Anne Murray
WOLD, Harry Chapin

Make It With You, Bread
Ticket to Ride, Carpenters
You're So Vain, Carly Simon

Popcorn, Hot Butter

2 comments:

  1. Dr John,
    What a great list! Like you most of it brought back memories (some good) of growing up in WNY. I even remember buying the 45 of Joy by Apollo 100.... I wonder what happened to that one.... could it be in your collection?????? Just asking LOL.
    Lil' Sis

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Lil Sis-- this is always a fun show to do. I don't think I have that 45, but I've needed an excuse to go rummaging around in that part of my collection for awhile now, so if it turns up, I'll let you know.
    Dr. John

    ReplyDelete