Wednesday, April 22, 2015

This Week's Playlist & Podcast

Another week's worth of great tunes on Dr. John's Record Shelf, as seen from the list below.  Click here to listen to a full recording of the program. 

Ocean of Love, King Khan & the BBQ Show
I Need a Man to Love, Big Brother & the Holding Company
Cruel World, The Bevis Frond
La Loose, Waxahatchee

Last Conversation, Veronica Falls
Underwater Moonlight, Soft Boys
Shooting Star, Mary Janes
Goodbye Sweet Dreams, Roky Erickson & Okkervil River

All Along the Watchtower, Brewer & Shipley
Sweet Little Sixteen, Marianne Faithfull
Better Than Nothing, John P. Strohm

De Vida Voz, Allah-Las
Everybody Wants to Be Somebody, Zakary Thaks
Bluebird, Buffalo Springfield
Beware, Ann Peebles

Rain, The Beatles
I Feel Your Love, Laura Marling
Mirror Star, The Fabulous Poodles
As Lovely As You, Tobin Sprout

Cool It Baby, Dorothy Collins
Ruff Rider (Dedicated to Broderick Crawford), Webb Wilder
That's How I Got to Memphis, Solomon Burke
He Called Me Baby, Candi Staton

My My, Reigning Sound
Morning Glory, Ike Reilly
Elevator Operator, Courtney Barnett
Avalon or Someone Very Similar, Yo La Tengo
Junk Maker's Shoppe, Yellow Balloon

I've Been Loving You Too Long, Otis Redding
Take Me to the River, Talking Heads
Stay, Maurice Williams & the Zodiacs

I Say Gooday Goodnite, NRBQ

No comments:

Post a Comment