Monday, October 1, 2018

An Experiment

These photos represent something of an experiment on my part. The subject is the very fine contemporary musician, Benjamin Booker.  Last fall he appeared on Austin City Limits, and I was playing around with one of my cameras while I watched-- so I started making some pictures from the set.  The experimentation came when I finally got around to checking out how the photos looked, and tried to see if I could process them so as to eliminate the tell-tale signs of photos made from a television.  I'm not sure I entirely succeeded: as you can see the range of quality on these varies widely (partly because I was using different techniques/processes, and partly because of the original quality of the photos).  In any event, I had some fun trying different things to make them look good, so figured I'd go ahead and share.

 










No comments:

Post a Comment