Tuesday, August 18, 2020

This Week's Playlist & Podcast

Shoes
The latest edition of my summer radio show, The Idiosyncratic History of Rock & Roll, focused on some classic Power Pop, as you can see from the list below. Click here to listen to a full recording of the program. 

I Need That Record, the Tweeds
Without You, Badfinger
(My Girl) Maryanne, The Spongetones
Day Tripper, Beatles

Come On Let’s Go, The Paley Brothers & Ramones
Go All the Way, Raspberries
What I Like About You, Romantics
Get Away, Chris Bell

Rock and Roll is Dead, Rubinoos
Hearts in Her Eyes, Searchers
Teen Line, The Shivvers
Look at the Outside, Chelsea

Radio Heart, The Secrets
Plain Jane, New Hearts
Girls, Dwight Twilley Band
Dream Police, Cheap Trick
My Business, Eater

She Satisfies, Shoes
Don’t Do This to Me, Shoes
Only in My Sleep, Shoes
Girls of Today, Shoes

Another Girl Another Planet, The Only Ones
Broken Doll, Wreckless Eric
Baby’s Coming Back, Jellyfish
West One (Shine on Me), Ruts

Cynical Girl, Marshall Crenshaw
9 O’Clock, Snips
Cycles Per Second, dBs
Biff! Bang! Pow! The Times

Different Kind of Girl, The Beat
Shake It Up (Ain’t it Time?), the Cryers
A Million Miles Away, Plimsouls
I Like Girls, the Know
Love is a Rock, Donnie Iris

Shake Some Action (First Version), Flamin' Groovies

No comments:

Post a Comment