Tuesday, September 15, 2020

This Week's Playlist & Podcast

 

Bully

This week saw the 20th Season Premiere of Dr. John’s Record Shelf. Lots of great music (see below), Art Vandalay, Sandwiches of the Stars, a Top Five List and much more! Click here to listen to a recording of the full program.  

Where to Start, Bully 
Falling Thunder, Rolling Blackouts Coastal Fever
I Wanna Lose, LA Witch
Funky Kingston, Toots & the Maytals
 
Song for Sam Cooke (Here in America), Dion
Keep It to Yourself, Amy Rigby
Arkadelphia, Waxahatchee
You Gotta Be a Buddha in a Place Like This, Willie Nile
 
Dedicated to the One I Love, “5” Royales
Boys, Shirelles
I Call Your Name, Beatles
Got a Feelin’, Mamas & Papas
 
Hog Tyin’ Woman, Reverend Horton Heat
You’ve Got Me Dizzy, Jimmy Reed
Goodbye Jimmy Reed, Bob Dylan
 
Just Like Kids (Miau), Hinds
Monkeys, Wounded Lion
I Can’t Explain, the Who
Keep Your Hands Off My Baby, Gore Gore Girls
 
Shotgun, Jr. Walker & the All-Stars
Work Song, Nina Simone
Good Better Best, Swamp Dogg
Making Believe, Haden Triplets
 
Elvis Said, Nuns
Heart of Gold, Bettye LaVette
Death Dreams, the She’s
 
Gee, the Crows
You Baby You, Cleftones
Nobody Loves Me Like You, Flamingoes
Tears on My Pillow, Little Anthony & the Imperials
 
I’m Sorry I Can’t Rock You All Night Long, Wild Seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment