Wednesday, March 9, 2022

The Idiosyncratic History of Rock & Roll is Back!

 

The Beatles (Paul, John, Ringo, George)

My friends Jim and Nan recently admitted to me that they had never really taken the time to listen to the Beatles, and wondered if I could explain what made the band so great. In response, I decided to put together a new episode of my old radio show The Idiosyncratic History of Rock & Roll to address the question.  I no longer have a broadcast outlet, but I still have this blog, so here are the first two parts (of a projected series of four parts), covering the group through 1966.  I hope you will enjoy listening!

You can listen to the first part by clicking here; and part two can be found by clicking here. These are MP3 files, and can be downloaded for later listening as well (click the download icon in the upper right corner of the screen that pops up when you click).


No comments:

Post a Comment