Sunday, May 19, 2013

San Francisco 1

I still have some more photos to post from my trip to Spain, but this past week I spent a couple days in San Francisco, so thought I would put up a few shots I took there.  I was in the Bay Area to check out the career retrospective of work by the noted photographer Garry Winogrand, so some of what I shot reflected the influence of seeing that show (see below).  But the first few shots are just some typical tourist photos, starting with two taken at Coit Tower on Telegraph Hill.  Above is a view looking east to the Bay Bridge that connects San Francisco to Oakland.  Below is a shot looking west to the "crookedest" street in the world, Lombard St.


Above is a guy flying a kite early in the morning on the beach at the west end of Golden Gate Park.  Below, a shot of Alcatraz Island, also taken from Coit Tower.


Here's a landmark I just kind of stumbled on (realizing I was walking on Fulton Street near Haight-Ashbury)-- it's the Jefferson Airplane mansion.  I don't know if any part of the group still resides there, but it was famously their headquarters in the late sixties/early seventies.  Below is an example of a shot taken in an effort to emulate Winogrand's work.  More pictures from my visit will follow in coming days.



No comments:

Post a Comment