Saturday, November 30, 2013

Dear Santa

I know this won't apply to everyone reading this, but if you were thinking of getting something for me this Christmas, I thought I'd supply a few recommendations.  These are mostly books that I'd like to read, and a couple of DVDs I'd like to watch.  If you are expecting a gift from me, feel free to post your own wish list in the comments.

Books:
A People's Art History of the United States by Nicolas Lampert (Art)
Subversives: The FBI's War on Radicals, and Reagan's Rise to Power by Seth Rosenfeld (History)
My Lunches With Orson by Peter Biskind (Movies)
Yeah Yeah Yeah: The Story of Modern Pop by Bob Stanley (Music)
The Republic of Rock: Music and Citizenship in the Sixties Counterculture by Michael J. Kramer (History/Music)
The Window in Photographs by Karen Hellmen (Photography)
Moments That Made the Movies by David Thomson (Movies)
Architecture in Photographs by Gordon Baldwin (Photography)
The Beatles: All These Years Volume 1: Tune In by Mark Lewisohn (Music)
Blue Notes in Black and White: Photography and Jazz by Ben Cawthra (Music/Photography)
Bohemia in America, 1858-1920 by Joanna Levin (History)
Ready for a Brand New Beat by Mark Kurlansky (History/Music)
The Story of America by Jill Lepore (History)
The Democratic Surround by Fred Turner (History)

DVDs:
The Best of Fridays (TV)
The Monkees, Season 1 or 2 (TV)


No comments:

Post a Comment