Thursday, August 21, 2014

This Week's Playlist & Podcast

It's been awhile, but I returned to live radio this week with another edition of my summer replacement program, Dr. John's Idiosyncratic History of Rock & Roll.  Because I was on the road most of the week, I kept it simple: the theme was Beatles vs. the Stones.  Below is a copy of the playlist, and if you click here, you can listen to a podcast of the show.  By the way, within a few weeks KDWG will begin streaming on the internet, and you'll be able to listen to my show live if you so desire.  I'll post more details as we get closer to our web launch. 

She Loves You, Beatles
Tell Me, Rolling Stones
I Want to Hold Your Hand, Beatles
It's All Over Now, Rolling Stones

Boys, Beatles
Not Fade Away, Rolling Stones
Roll Over Beethoven, Beatles
Carol, Rolling Stones

A Hard Day's Night, Beatles
(I Can't get No) Satisfaction, Rolling Stones
I Feel Fine, Beatles
Get Off My Cloud, Rolling Stones

Ticket to Ride, Beatles
19th Nervous Breakdown, Rolling Stones
Tell Me What You See, Beatles
Under My Thumb, Rolling Stones

Day Tripper, Beatles
Ruby Tuesday, Rolling Stones
Paperback Writer, Beatles
Let's Spend the Night Together, Rolling Stones

As Tears Go By, Marianne Faithfull
Let It Be, Aretha Franklin
Sympathy for the Devil, Sandie Shaw
Come Together, Ike & Tina Turner

If I Needed Someone, Beatles
Have You Seen Your Mother Baby, Standing in the Shadows, Rolling Stones
She Said She Said, Beatles
Miss Amanda Jones, Rolling Stones

Eleanor Rigby, Beatles
Jumpin' Jack Flash, Rolling Stones
Penny Lane, Beatles
She's a Rainbow, Rolling Stones

Back in the USSR, Beatles
Street Fighting man, Rolling Stones

Gimme Shelter, Rolling Stones

No comments:

Post a Comment