Wednesday, February 4, 2015

This Week's Playlist and Podcast

Dr. John's Record Shelf celebrated its 14th anniversary on the air this past Sunday, and so we loaded the playlist with lots of old favorites (as you can see below).  We also included several special features, such as an audio Top Five, a replay of our notorious Purple Rain edition of Record Shelf Theater, and the only known recording of Art Vandelay's incendiary performance live at the Metlen Hotel some years back-- all of which can be heard by clicking here for a podcast of the entire program. 

Memphis Egypt, Mekons
Both Sides of the Line, Jason & the Scorchers

Redondo Beach, Patti Smith
Rock and Roll, Velvet Underground

Horseshoe, Withered Hand
Thief, Belly
I Got What I Wanted, Ted Hawkins
Easy Come Easy Go, Decemberists

Surface Envy, Sleater-Kinney
Never Mind, Replacements
Down on the Border, Sir Douglas Quintet
Knapsack, Amy Rigby

Lafayette, Lucinda Williams
I Fought the Law, Bobby Fuller Four
Imperial Teen, Imperial Teen
Shapes of Things, Rush

One Hundred Years From Now, Wilco
Lovin' You, Lovin' Spoonful
Love Henry, Bob Dylan
Shake Sugaree, Mary Lou Lord

The Leisure Class, Walker Kong
Sun Song, Laura Veirs
I Went Walking, Rank & File

Glad I Knew Better, Howard Tate
The Road I'm On (Gloria), Dion
Slow Down, Larry Williams

Tomorrow Never Knows, Beatles
You I'll Be Following, Love
Sittin On the Dock of the Bay, Otis Redding

I'm Sorry I Can't Rock You All Night Long, Wild Seeds

No comments:

Post a Comment