Monday, July 27, 2015

My Alma Mater

Baird Point
With nothing else to do of a summer evening, I often head over Lockwood Library at the University at Buffalo to peruse some of their vast collection of photography books.  This evening I spent some time with the work of Weegee, Marion Post Walcott, Cindy Sherman, Saul Leiter, and a whole set of others from between the World Wars.  After that, I was naturally inspired to take some pictures myself-- so I wandered around campus and shot these.  Keep in mind, it's summer so there was very little of the normal activity one would expect during the school year.  As a consequence I kind of emphasized some less-obvious aspects of the place.  I hope you like them.

Walkin' & Talkin'
Solitary Student
Engineering Building Facade
Lockwood Stacks & Duct
"Get in the Game"
Rolling Lawn
Law School Hallway
Leaving the Commons
Clemons Hall in Shadows
Baldy Basement
Computer Science Building at Dusk
Studying Late
Waiting for the Bus
Security Mirror Self-Portrait

No comments:

Post a Comment