Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Botanical Gardens, Part 1

I have to admit (and it's probably evident from 90% of what I post here) that I don't fully appreciate the still life as an artistic subject.  But I've gained much more respect for the genre just in the past couple of days, first due to an exhibit called "A-Z An Historical Survey of Women Artists" by Coni Minneci at the Burchfield Penney Art Center (unfortunately I took no pictures, but check out the link); and then from wandering around the Buffalo Botanical Gardens and taking these pictures, in which I really concentrated on light, composition and texture, which are ultimately the whole point of a still life (I think-- maybe these are just nature pictures).   I do like how these turned out, in any case.











No comments:

Post a Comment