Monday, December 3, 2018

Shameless Self-Promotion


Last month, Lexington Books published my first book, entitled Music Wars: Money, Politics and Race in the Construction of Rock and Roll Culture, 1940-1960.  This is a project that I've been working on seriously over the past six years (and on and off for quite a while before that).  I'm very pleased with how it turned out and I'm hoping some fellow historians and other academics may find it useful as a resource for courses they teach on 20th century American History, popular culture, or the popular music industry.  Recently, my colleague Aaron Weinacht interviewed me in order to test the equipment he will be using for a podcast he is launching soon for the New Books Network. His editor felt the test turned out well enough that they have actually posted it to their website. If you're interested in hearing me talk about the book, just click on this link.  If our conversation whets your appetite for more, the book can be ordered from Lexington Books or Amazon.  

No comments:

Post a Comment