Tuesday, May 5, 2020

This Week's Playlist & Podcast

Dr. John (Mac Rebennack)

The 20th season premier of Dr. John’s Idiosyncratic History of Rock & Roll is our annual Memorial Show where we pay tribute to some of the fallen heroes of popular music and celebrate their legacy.  Below is a list of the songs played, and by clicking here you can listen to a full recording of the program, which includes details about the individuals being honored.

Right Place Wrong Time, Dr. John
Country Gal, Dave Bartholomew
Sea of Love, Phil Phillips
The Way I Walk, Jack Scott
Tossin’ & Turnin’, Bobby Lewis

My Best Friend’s Girl, Cars
Teenage Depression, Eddie & the Hot Rods
I Look Around, Rain Parade
I Wanna Destroy You, Soft Boys

Boobs a Lot, Holy Modal Rounders
Free Advice, the Great Society!
November Nights, Peter Fonda  
Beware of Time, Corvettes

Oh What a Night, Dells
Whatcha See is Whatcha Get, the Dramatics
Ain’t No Sunshine, Bill Withers
Slip Away, Clarence Carter

Walkin’ My Cat Named Dog, Norma Tanega
Kind of a Drag, Buckinghams  
Walk Away Renee, Left Banke
Just Dropped In to See What Condition my Condition Was In, The First Edition

Me and Paul, Willie Nelson
Loving Her Was Easier, Kris Kristofferson
Waitsburg, Bob Frank
Sweet Revenge, John Prine

Suffering Jukebox, Silver Jews
Sunshine Skyway, GospelBeach
Rock and Roll Girl, Muffs
Joe Rey, Fountains of Wayne

At the Hop, Danny & the Juniors
Goober Peas, Kingston Trio
Lollipop, Chordettes
I’ll Roll in My Sweet Baby’s Arms, New Lost City Ramblers

You Turn Me On, Ian Whitcomb
I’m the Urban Spaceman, Bonzo Dog Band
Teenage Head, Flamin’ Groovies
My Walking Stick, Leon Redbone

Redondo Beach, Patti Smith
Not Great Men, Gang of Four
Alabama Bound, Charlatans
Dino’s Song, Quicksilver Messenger Service

You’re Gonna Miss Me, 13th Floor Elevators

No comments:

Post a Comment