Tuesday, April 16, 2019

Snapshots of a Wedding

I had a wonderful time last Saturday at the wedding of my nephew Gerik and his beloved Sam.  Naturally I brought a camera along. I honored the request that we not take pictures during the ceremony itself, but I did capture some nice moments during the reception (though I frankly never quite figured out the lighting in the place, hence the variable quality of these images, some of which I've tried to fix in Photoshop).  I hope they give you some sense of what a lovely and loving evening it was. Congratulations to Sam & Gerik!

The Front of the Venue, Thornewood Castle near Tacoma
The actual ceremony took place in front of this fireplace
The Harpist
The happy couple enter the reception
Gerik & Sam waiting for dinner to be served
The mother and sister of the groom
Cutting the cake
Serving the cake
Gerik telling his dad how well married life is going
The bride
Sam and her dad
First dance as husband and wife
Guests sharing a dance with the happy couple
Mother of the groom
The bride & groom


5 comments:

  1. You have some very nice captures there, Dr John....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Thank you, John. No matter the lighting, these pictures are lovely. It certainly was a beautiful evening for everybody, wasn't it? I'm so glad you were able to go. Dare I hope for more pictures??? Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, this is definitely the cream of the crop, but I may work on a few of the others to see if I can make them "share-able."

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wedding planning can be challenging. It is wise to research ideas for your wedding to help your big day go smooth and flawlessly. This article contains many ideas and things to consider for arranging your wedding day. foto video nunta suceava

    ReplyDelete
  5. ceramic cookware sets would be much preferable when you are cooking some certain foods~

    ReplyDelete