Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Today's Playlist & Podcast

 

Little Steven

The verdict is in: KDWG will be going off the air as of March 31, 2021. It’s sad news, but at least I’ll have about 15 more opportunities to do Dr. John’s Record Shelf before they pull the plug. So, I’ll keep playing great music like what you see below in this week’s playlist. Click here to listen to a recording of the full broadcast.

Vote! Little Steven
If This is Love, Can I Get My Money Back, Charlie Pickett & the Eggs
Mesmerizing, Liz Phair
Portions for Foxes, Rilo Kiley

Acrid, the Beths
Dance Me to the End of Love, Tanya Donelly & the Parkington Sisters
Though I Wish I Could, Nap Eyes
I Wanna Lose, L.A. Witch

Jug Band Music, Lovin’ Spoonful
Come On In, Even Dozen Jug Band
Don’t You Make Me High, Maria Muldaur
Rag Mama, Jim Kweskin Jug Band

Oh Sweet Susanna, the Mooney Suzuki
Cake, Wussy
Samantha Secret Agent, All Girl Summer Fun Band
Like a Rolling Stone, Bob Dylan

Chain of Fools, Aretha Franklin
Wonderful World, Otis Redding
I Got What I Wanted, Ted Hawkins
Don’t Knock, Mavis Staples

She Cracked, Modern Lovers
Somebody Like Me, Imperial Teen
I Want to See the Bright Lights Tonight, Richard & Linda Thompson
Be Your Bro, Those Darlins

Double Crossing Blues, Esther Phillips
Walkin’ Blues, Paul Butterfield Blues Band
I See, Strange Boys

Waterloo Sunset, Kinks
He’s In Town, Rockin’ Berries
She’s Not There, Zombies
Love Potion Number Nine, Searchers

I’m Sorry I Can’t Rock You All Night Long, Wild Seeds

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great news - in that you can continue the show.... sorry it didn't have a better outcome overall....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was resigned to this outcome for some time now. It was pretty clear that the handful of students who control the funding had no interest in seeing the station continue, regardless of any and all arguments to keep it going. But twenty years was a pretty good run, and at least I know when the last day will be and can plan an appropriate swan song.

    ReplyDelete