Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Christmas List



For anyone out there who might be thinking of giving Santa a hand with the gift-giving this year, here are the items I requested in my letter to Mr. Claus.

Books
Mark Harris, Five Came Back: A Story of Hollywood and the Second World War (Movies)
Benjamin Cawthra, Blue Notes in Black and White: Photography and Jazz (Music/Photography)
Martin Short, I Must Say: My Life as a Humble Comedy Legend (Humor/Biography)
Joanna Levin, Bohemia in America, 1858-1920 (History)
Simon Napier-Bell, Ta-Ra-Ra-Boom-De-Ay: The Dodgy Business of Popular Music (Music)
Fred Turner, The Democratic Surround (History)
John Cleese, So, Anyway… (Humor/Biography)
Seth Rosenfeld, Subversives: The FBI's War on Radicals, and Reagan's Rise to Power (History)
Farran Smith Nehme, Missing Reels (Fiction)
Joel Selvin, Here Comes the Night: The Dark Soul of Bert Berns(Music)
Amanda Petrusich, Do Not Sell at Any Price (Music)
Dennis McNally, On Highway 61 (Music)
Rachel Clare Donaldson, I Hear America Singing (Music)
Dick Cavett, Brief Encounters (Television/Journalism)
Bob Stanley, Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!: The Story of Pop Music from Bill Haley to Beyonce (Music)

DVDs
The Shooting/Ride in the Whirlwind
Crumb
The Americanization of Emily
In No Great Hurry- 13 Lessons in Life with Saul Leiter
The Monkees, Season 1 or 2

CD
Wilco, Alpha Mike Foxtrot: Rare Tracks 1994-2014

If anyone expecting a gift from me would like to put their Christmas wishlist in the comments section, I'll see what I can do.

No comments:

Post a Comment